Saturday, May 30, 2009

DANGA BAY FESTIVE MALL

Lovely knick-knacks at Kota Raya

I love this pencil holder

The cobbler repairing my shoes

The spade for treasure hunting...any clues?

Carpark space is huge here!

Leaving the mall for Kipmart

Tini with mum

Posing in front of a boutique

The street adorned with banners/adverts

Papa Roti bakery

Rose painted crockery to decoarate your house

Baskets to fill your buys

Baskets and rattan products from Sarawak

Sirloin steak. I'm a meat eater.

Penang Char Kuay Teow with cockles

Having tea with hubby

Red lanterns hanging from the ceiling

Waiting for Joe to serve us

May grandfather's clock was too big for the shelf...

Speciality of the house - Fried Joe err.. I mean Fried Joe Mee

Had tea at this Kopi Station. Love the old setting

Entrance to Danga Festive Street Mall

TEA AT DANGA

Made a quick exit across the Causeway for tea after school. Tea was at Danga Bay Festive Mall. A quiet place with rows of cafes, boutiques, shoe shops, knick-knacks and souvenirs. I guess more crowds need to be drawn to sustain the businesses there. Otherwise, I would be welcomed with signs saying "Close" at most of the shops on my next visit.

Next stop was at Kipmart where I sent for my shoes for repair. I know I can't wrestle the title which Imelda Marcos held for her 300 pairs of unused shoes, but I do have a sizeable collection of shoes. My maid has been dissuading me from buying more because she can't find the space to store them anymore. My feet just keep asking for more shoes. That's one of my weaknesses in life......to buy shoes.

Our next stop was at Kota Raya where we window shopped. Nothing caught my fancy but there was this shop which sold all things country. Lovely to look at. When I retire, I hope to to fill my time with doing all these things like decoupage, glass painting, stencilling, jewellery-making, cross-stitching, embroidery, flower decoration, beads-making etc...In case you don't know, I'm also an art and craft lover.

No comments: