Sunday, October 18, 2009

MUTIARA RINI

DADIN'S NEW ABODE

Where we love is home -
home that our feet may leave,

but not our hearts.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: MUTIARA RINI

After Nazrul's wedding, we drove to Dadin's new house at Mutiara Rini. Very spacious for his family of five. I noticed that Cousin Dadin had given some personal touches to his house and his home proud wife, Chuai was all pleased to show the house round.
The family was offered an alternative place to move out as his present accomodation would be affected by the Iskandaria Project. The spanking new terraced house at Mutiara Rini has four bedrooms and faces a piece of open land. Very comfortable indeed. I could imagine the surrounding being cool during the dew hours. The double storey house decoration is taking shape and the hall and the dining areas are almost completed with the fixtures and furtniture.
Surveying the size and the space of Dadin's new abode, some questions played in my mind. Should I buy a retirement house in JB and carry out my reconcilation pact with nature which I miss a lot here? I grew up in a kampung, amongst greenery and a stream gurgling behind my house. Those were the days...my kampung daze....free to take flight and lose myself in day dreaming under the jambu ayer tree. Terribly miss those memorable times of my life.
Meanwhile I will just dream on of houses with spacious grounds, bay windows, cobbled stones pathway, rose bushes and a swing under a bough.




















HAPPY ROOSTING IN YOUR NEW HOME DADIN & FAMILY

Folk art cottage by Catherine Holman

No comments: