Saturday, January 2, 2010

A MEETING TO REMEMBER

Puan Noor Aishah, Aunty Maimunah and mum Hajjah Sabiah

The English table setting for the wedded couple

Delicately arranged tableware setting

Wedding cake with scattered red rose petals around it

Earl grey tea anyone?

Midsummer night dream fairies

The flower girls and their angelic faces

Mum waiting to be served

Dias with Middle Eastern influence
Puan Noor Aishah after attending the wedding invitation

Puan Noor Aishah with sisters Hajjah Maimunah and Hajjah Sabiah

MEETING OUR FORMER FIRST LADY

Puan Noor Aishah was our late first president's wife. When I noticed her talking to my aunty, I immediately whipped out my camera and requested for her photo to be taken. She graciously agreed with her demure and inviting smile.

We were on our way to attend a wedding at the Asian Civilisation Museum when my aunt and the first lady were waiting for my cousin to pick them up. I have met the former First Lady before, but never had come this close. It was a golden opportunity not to be missed.

The wedding? A touch of English in a museum setting. Lovely and romantic!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Azizah,

My name is Faris Mokhtar, and this might seem random, but I chanced upon your blog while googling Puan Noor Aishah's name. I am a contributing writer for an online news site InSing.com and was formerly a reporter for Yahoo! News Singapore. You can google my name for verification.

I'm interested to interview our former First Lady and would like to get in contact with her, which is why I'm posting my comment here. Thus, it would be of great help if you can get me in contact with her? I can be reached via email at farismokhtar01@gmail.com. I look forward to your reply, thanks!