Sunday, December 27, 2009

TOH HONG SHENG & JOHNATHAN WONG

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: I LOVE SCHOOL

The write-up carried by The New Paper

Hong Sheng and Jonathan thanked the teachers for their success

YSS - YISHUN SWEET SUCCESS

Anxiety and nervousness fill me whenever it's the release of the national examination result day. I would be a bundle of nerve and my stomach tight in a slip knot. I am just as highly strung as the students who are waiting for the next chapter of their four years in a secondary school.

The students would all assemble in the hall waiting for the final countdown.There would be tears of joy, sudden shrieks breaking the silence or an air of gloom enveloping the hall - depending on what the students have seen on the slip of paper in their hand.

18 Dec 2009 was of no exception. I was there in the hall with the classes I taught. I stopped by at the students, patting and calming their nerves, as well as mine. The anticipation and anxiety peaked when one by one my students collected their result slip. The sweetest moment was when two of my students were interviewed by the New Paper for achieving good grades despite going through a rough time during their earlier secondary school life. It was a moment for Hong Sheng and Johnathan to cherish and relish.

To all of my Sec 4NA3 and Sec 4NA4 students, I wish you all the best in your studies. I am proud of you guys. Thanks for the lovely memories when I was your teacher!

No comments: