Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CHAINED UP

The watches we ended up buying

A Puma watch for hubby

A simple Titus for me


A bag I bought from Siem Reap


The face of a man poorer by a couple of hundreds after buying the watches



I will squirt chilly sauce into your eyes if you say my watch is not nice!

WATCHING TIME
Had no intention of parting my cash with a watch though I had been mulling over the idea of laying my hands on a solid-stainless steel bracelet watch.

And...lo and behold hubby and I were drawn like magnets to a City Chain store with their huge discounts of up to 70% on watches when we popped into Sembawang Shopping Centre recently. Really, I hate all these adverts gimmick and claims of fantastic discounts. Not all of these sale talks are genuine but foolish people like me do get drawn to them like ants to sugar blindly at times.

Rummaging through the displayed watches, I fell in love with one which was offered at a 50% discount while hubby was Pumamised by an irregular watch face. He, being a fanatic watch-buyer also increased his collection of time pieces after trying out a few and ended up with one more Puma watch.

I vowed to be chained to my wallet the next time I do my retail theraphy when all those placards with huge discounts stare face to face at me. Does anyone have any tips on how to resist such sales?

No comments: