Wednesday, March 23, 2011

PITA D' PISA

My pita bread with a wooden doll from Bali
The more green, the more lean you'll be

Pita d' Pisa for the madame of the house

Some pain in serving when food is a pleasure to indulge

I can devour two of these when I'm hungry

I might try to substitue the meat with kidney beans, one day

WHAT'S 4T?


A rather strange combination was laid on my dining table last Sunday. I always have tea when I am at home. I have had roti john, soto, mee siam and even shepherd pie for the past week.


I was almost at loss at what to serve the family when I remember that I had snatched a packet of pita from Tesco hypermarket in JB.
I make my own pita filling and love my pita till it's last bite of the pocket.

I marinate thin slices of beef or chicken with coarse grounded pepper, oyster and soya sauce and oregano. With a splash of olive oil, I fry the meat and add a dash of salt. When the meat is almost done, I throw in cubed mushroom. Some mayonnaise and chilly sauce are added to the filling once is it cool. I also mix the filling with , lengthwised-cut cucumber and diced onion.


The pocket pita is lightly toasted before the meat is stuffed in together with some greens like lettuce or salad and ringed tomatoes.
I prefer the wholemeal pita bread because it is more filling.

What else did I have? Some sparingly coated batter pisang goreng fried till crispy and refreshing Sosro tea which I accidentally came across at a value shop.


My simple tea was so heavenly beautiful
.

No comments: