Sunday, November 4, 2012

EMPOWERING YOU!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow


My side-kick partner - Fahmy















AFFIRMATION FOR FAHMY

I became your mentor when you first stepped in YSS. I further discovered we have more similarities and connections. We have worked together on many school projects. Your wife Lin, is one of my closest friends. Your brother was my son’s JC mate. Your father-in-law was my Pre-U teacher. And the link goes on in 2012 when we become form teachers of the same class.

The partnership and symbiotic working relationship we have developed, allows me to know you better as a brother, friend and colleague. It is therefore just right for me to affirm you of all the things you have done. I may not capture all of the things but from the bottom of my heart, these are what I want to share with you. I have selected our class and school activities that would speak for themselves your actions and passion you have for our Sec 1NT2 students. Do enjoy the photo montage.

For our staff retreat at Batam recently, we exchanged affirmation with our colleagues. It was a memorable and touching experience to acknowledge someone when sometimes you have taken the person for granted. Fahmy and I had a heart-to-heart talk on how he sees me as his mentor and how I see him as a catalyst for the younger teachers.

Here I have compiled a collage of photos Fahmy and Ihave done together as form teachers for Sec INT2. The chemistry we have was observable by the school and they recognise the importance of having good working relationship between the form teachers.


Dear Fahmy

I marvel at the way how close you hold your passion in Art to your heart. You are consumed fully by the subject and feel deeply about transcending this love to your students. You also feel deeply for the students and would fight the battle to ensure the students get what they deserve for. This is reciprocated by the student as they see you as a role model and as someone who walks the talk.

You could see through the students and accept students in their own unique way. You know how to keep them motivated and strongly instil in them that education would make a difference in their lives. When a teacher like you enhances students’ learning, and does it with true passion, the teaching and learning process becomes very powerful. It brings about a transformation in you and the students. And this is very obvious in your teaching and dealing with the students.

You are one co-worker who knows when to chip in as the going gets tough. I have observed you rallying in support around colleagues and working together towards getting the goals. Your presence comforts them and your involvement gives them the signal that they are not alone, but with someone whom they can gain strength to persevere.

I enjoy sharing the form-teachership role of our class. You are easy to work with and show care and concern for the students. The students see you as a guardian whom they can confide and at the same time play with. You are exemplary in the discharge of your duties and responsibilities.

I sincerely hope that you would go far one day and be able to lead other teachers to the same road signs in teaching – in bringing the passion of teaching, enthusiasm and breadth of resourcefulness to greater heights in yours and their teaching journey!

Yours sincerely
Mdm Azizah Bte Abdul Rahim


The class won their tug-of-war game


During class orientation

Champ in CNY Hamper Designing Competition

We raised $1640 for a donation drive.  Highest amount

Class entries won the Mother's Day Tribute


Class bonding - building sandcastles at ECP

Experiential learning on recyclable projects

National Education - We love Singapore

We inculcate values in our students

Strong Teacher-Student relationship

Every recognition is given to our students

Class raised SGD$300 for school's needy students



Resourcefulness the key for effective teaching mterials
















A teary moment for the affirmation exchange at Batam



















Thank you Fahmy for being a wonderful co-form teacher with me for this past year.

No comments: