Saturday, November 15, 2008

EX-STUDENTS' VISIT


The final pose before they took leave


Shafiq showing off his talent


Maimunah and I


Hairuddin singing his heart out for me!


My life size Barney Shalif. A real joker!


Sabree - another nice young man


Singapore got talent!

Fun and gila time together



Enjoyed the bunch coming over my place



Yes, Peace Maimunah!

Drop by again.I love your company


Cream brownie for dessert


Little Red Riding Hood??


How much have they grown in wisdom and maturity!


Like a mum and a daughter photoshoot


Fooling around before tea


Thanks for the food, Madam!


Dishes influenced by Vietnames cooking


The high tea menu served to my students


Thanks for the visit and the memories folks!


My ex-students, Shafiq, Sabree, Shalif, Hairuddin and Maimunah paid me a visit today. They are a lovely bunch of young adults. I could see their growth in maturity since I had taught them since they were 12 and now 18. They never fail to lighten up my face when I was their social studies teachers three years ago. They are courteous, mild-mannered and hunger to paint a better future for themselves. I count myself lucky to have them in my class. Our ties are still strong even though they have left secondary school and are pursuing their tertiary education.

I prepared them high tea for their visit. Spaghetti, Basil Leaf Chicken, Pickled Cashew Nut Fish Ball and Cream Brownie were lovingly spread on the the dining table. They were bowled over by the choice and kept asking for second and third helping. It was a fantastic feeling to see them polish their plates and hearing them throwing praises at my cooking. That was a morning in the kitchen well-spent.

2 comments:

Lily Ash Burn... said...

Salam 2 u, Mdm...

Halo halo!! Hw r uuuuuu? Arghhhh!! I really miss u A LOT!! It's gd 2 noe dat u've got ur own blog. I owe my thks 2 my bro, Alep 4 lettin me noe bout tis. Anywy, hv u visited my blog yet? It's www.preciousthoughts-ummi.blogspot.com

I've linked ur blogsite to mine & feel free 2 drop by OK... So i c more of ur blog sooooon...

Warmest hugs & kisses,

Ur x-student, Suhaily... :)

Lily Ash Burn... said...

Helo again Mdm!!

I've replied ur msg in my tagboard. Pls take a look @ it wen u r free. Thk u...

"Balek kampong!! Ho ho ho!! Balek kampong! Hati girang!!"

Hee hee...