Sunday, November 23, 2008

PRINCESS ATHIRAH'S BIRTHDAY

A few minutes before the princess fell asleep

Athirah and her family members


May God Bless You Sweetheart

Heave &Puff! Puff! But don't blow my house away!


With Mum Marina
That's my hubby ensuring all is ok for
his little missie! That's the way he takes
care of me too!


Uncle Jab and Aunty Nga wanted to party too!


Two birthday cakes for one party girl

We all love you little angel


That's my mum - Hjh Sabiah Bte Sheikh Madar


With my magic wand I turn everyone into a ....


Age difference of 70 years between
the youngest and oldest Rahim clan


All in pink from head to toe - even the
dangling earrings. See how vain she is!


Can you use my magic wand to make me
20 years younger?


Loads of presents and loads of love for you!


Beside a wall banner that screamed Happy Birthday!

=====================================
SUGAR AND SPICE

Since I do not have any daughters, I resorted to doting my nieces. The youngest is Masayu Athirah Bte Masagoes Hashim. She has just turned five on 18 November. She's adorable, has a charming disposition and very vain to the nine. That's only when she's not cranky or moody. Otherwise, her Thiraphoon will strike, bringing things to a near explosive stage with her 'loktang' and voilatile temper and machine gun speed rotor mouth. That's when I will keep my distance away from her to keep my sanity.

We took about two weeks to prepare for her party - from getting her presents, to shopping for the goody bag items, to choosing the cake and to adorn my place with the birthday deco. Frankly, I spent longer time looking for her the stuff then I would spend looking for my persoanl stuff. You see, how much power and control she has over me and my husband. We are at her beck and call.

Don't think that we reserve her our scolding and reprimanding. When the time calls for one, and when she requires that tweaking aspect on her character, we will talk to her about it. We simply pour our attention and love to her. My two sons, Thaqif and Nizar, don't be jealous over this. You will definitely be Mama's and Abah's love of live. We will sacrifice our life for both of you. And of course we do not treat rest of our nieces and the nephews as second class citizens. They receive VVIP treatment whenever they drop by at our place.

Thirah's party began with the adults almost bursting their lungs at the balloon blowing. She then took centre stage with her dramatic posing in her pink organza dress, looking like a princess. This was followed by the usual celebration routine - with the singing of the birthday song, blowing of the candles, the cake cutting and the photograph taking.

Almost of one hour on that, the toll began to take place and her crankiness caved in the celebration with Athirah refusing to take any more photos. 'Enough is enough,' she said. The princess soon fell asleep while the adults continued with their gossip and stuffing themselves with the Polar chocolate birthday cake.

1 comment:

Lily Ash Burn... said...

I think she looks more like you!!