Friday, October 19, 2012

CRAVING SATISFIED

 
Finally served Kacang Pool for a beautiful Sunday



The garnishing to tempt you more
 















Ful Medames Anyone?

Otherwise known as Kacang Pool, a Middle Eastern dish commonly served during festive occasions and is a staple meal in Sudan. Have been craving for it and finally had it laid for a beautiful Sunday morning. Kacang pool is originally a middle-eastern dish called foul medames (or variants of it, depending on region).  It used to be commonly sold in Singapore but now it had made way to more exotic middle eastern dish.  And since those I tried was not very great, I decided to cook myself following my mum's recipe.  

My mum's recipe is easy to prepare.  Fennel seeds, coriander and cumin were pounded together with garlic.  The paste was fried with ghee.  I used ghee for it's aroma and fragrance. A teaspoon of curry powder was added together with some minced meat into the paste. The mashed ful medames was then added and cooked to boil. 

To garnish the dish you sprinkle some diced onions, tomatoes and sliced green chilly.  A squeeze of lime will add some zest to the dish.  To top it all, fry an egg or a mata lembu in ghee too. Serve with toasted baguette. Eat with your hands for best result for you need to tear the bread and scoop the beans together with the garnishing.  Atlast, my craving had been satisfied.  

Notice my cup? River Nile and Egypt are printed on it. If I couldn't be on a River Nile cruise  to enjoy Kacang Pool, sipping Nescafe from the cup will do.

Ahlan wasahlan.

No comments: