Saturday, October 20, 2012

SWEETLICIOUS SHIELA


That's Shiela, my student from 1986-1990.


As a clinic manager, she trains her staff too

My Shiela as graceful as ever when she was a dancer

I love my teacher with all my heart

Different races live harmoniously



Have a heart for each other


Pass wtih flying colours

It doesn't matter if you're black or white!

The students were thrilled to receive a cupcake each




Can't wait to put this into my mouth

I hope my students will pass with flying colours



Teaching is a passion.  It is not an interest.
















CUPCAKES SHIELA

My ex-student Shiela had a nostalgic trip when she came back to YSS after so many years of hiatus. Too many memories came back to her, she said sounding emotional. The school had changed so much that it was difficult for her to link the past with the present.

Shiela was one of my Malay Dancers.  She was passionate about dancing and was a very discipline and graceful dancer. It was a sweetlicious moment for me and Shiela for I had asked Shiela to bake me some cupcakes for my students who would graduate soon. Every student of my class went over the moon upon receiving her Hershey brown chocolate cup cakes coated with white or brown chocolate and sprinkled with multi-coloured sugar-rice or sweets. 

According to Shiela whether we are brown or white, we are all the same.  The multi-coloured sugar rice and M&M symbolise the achievement and flying colours one should aim for in life.  She placed two heart-shaped chocolates in each box to remind the students that a perfect individual is one who possesses a heart for others.  Strong and impactful learning here!

Being a pioneer batch of the school in 1986-1990, Shiela felt strongly for the school and held fond memories of her school days, the teachers and her friends. Her passion is now baking and cooking.   

It is a gratifying feeling to have your former students visit you.  They still remember you even after a long time of separation.  The only difference now is that we are no longer talking on a student-teacher platform but as friends.

No comments: