Saturday, August 15, 2009

NATIONAL DAY CELEBRATIONS AT YSS

I am so proud of my ex-student Nor Hakim who was awarded a law scholarship to study in a UK university. Great Hakim!

Felicia with me
I attended Felicia's graduation ceremony before she gave birth in March
A picture of diversity in a multi-racial Singapore

Aunty Gwen, Ms Lathika and Nor Hakim
August babies birthday celebration on the stage
Getting a slice of the rich chocolate cake
Ms Lathika is an August Baby
Sharukh received a movie pass as an August baby
Zhiyu too got a movie pass to unwind after the prelims

Surrounded by my students when they saw me in the hall
Former students whom I taught in previous years
A surprise visit from a former colleague

Sheera - a very lovely and sweet girl

You better give me good grades in CH boys!

The parent support group sold Nasi Briyani

The prefects sold cupcakes. Delicious!
Mr Raju's class sold second hand books

With friends whom I miss because of the attachment

Cheese girls and chill out as all had ended well

Great show girls for the 'Don't Forget The Lyrics'

SEA OF RED AND WHITE

I am now at Teachers Network for my ST attachment. It is for a term and I'm truly enjoying my stint there. It has been an enriching journey and I look forward to my days at TN daily. There are always new things to learn; be it from the school visits, the workshops and symposiums we attend or simply from the sharing we have with the officers and the six senior teachers who are with me. I will hopefully write on my experience on this attachment in another blog entry.

Since MOE headquarters had to scale down the National Day Celebrations and the number of participants, we were given permission to join our respective school for the celebrations. I dressed in my red and white attire and reported to school by 7.20am. Met my students and colleagues and joined in the fun for the day - the celebrations as well as the Enterprise Day programme where students became entrepreneurs for the day and sold stuff to help schoolmates. Part of the profits from the sale would go into the needy students' kitty fund. There was also the students vs the staff 'Don't Forget The Lyrics Competition'. Quite innovative and refreshing than the usual concert weused to have year after year. The organsing committee also had a birthday cake for the August babies. Old friends dropped by for a visit too! That was so heartwarming.
It was a sea of red and white everywhere in the school on that morning. Glad to be part of this red letter day!

No comments: