Wednesday, December 19, 2012

LIGHT AND PORTABLE

Newspapers and the scenery to keep you company
 
Passenger-friendly version becasue of its size

The different sections of Malaysia's New Straits Times


Stopovers after a long reading

Compare the size of the two papers which 
almost has the same name

This is Singapore's The Straits Times and
its various sections

Final destination and my reading is done
















FROM WORD TO WORD
FROM PAGE TO PAGE
I will never fail grabbing and reading Malaysia's The New Straits Times on my wheel haunts across the causeway. In fact it will be my first purchase at the pump station besides The Stars. Several reasons for my love of it.
The tabloid version means I don't ruffle the pages while turning them over. I also don't tire my hands holding it up for a better angle reading through my progressive lens. Segmented compilation means I can pull out what I fancy reading straight away. Special reading for 'School Times' means I can apply and adopt some tips and materials for teaching resources.

There are other reasons too. The local agricultural news will add to my students' knowledge on food production. Plenty of coloured pages means not all news are bleak. A balance of news and write-ups on a host of topics means I am fully satiated from the highly adrenaline-pumped news to the simple lepak less demanding grey cells reading.
The paper costs RM1.20 for a whole load of news and articles and that means I can leaf from page to page for hours, alternating with time outs and soaking in the natural landscape that unfurls in front and along side me.

When will ours go tabloid?

No comments: