Thursday, December 20, 2012

VALUE OTHERS

My 12-year old Diesel pair


Divorced - sole and body

















DIESEL Does Not DIE
Chapter 1


If not for a trip to New Zealand, I would'nt have ended up with this Diesel pair of $100/- sports shoes bought in 2000. The itinerary included a lot of places to walk and I was warned of the freezing temperature that awaited me. It was too way expensive for me and I contemplated on the purchase for a long time before paying the cashier and hugging the grey and pink desinged shoes close to my heart.

I am proud to acclaim it was my first ever branded pair. Since then it has been my sole mate to all the places I went. I walked around Lake Rotura wearing it.  Climbed the Great Wall of China with it. Explored Da Guo Caves at Ha Long Bay with it. Viewed Port Sunda Klapa with it. They were on my feet when I was awe-strucked by Angkor Wat. It became my feet partner at Mount Kintamani. It went shopping with me at Hatyai.

Bravely, Diesel took all of the weather conditions it was exposed to while protecting my size 6 feet against any arsenal of danger. However, it decided to part ways with me this year while I was in Jakarta, forcing me to walk soleless. Still it was comfortable to wear, in good condition and I refused to throw it away but kept it in my luggage for the trip home.

I am going to give it a new lease of life by visiting a cobbler. I hope Diesel will serve me for many more good years. Old things die hard especially those which have served you faithfully and well.


Moral of the sharing: Remember those who have sacrificed and put their life for you above theirs. Don't be too eager to discard them the moment you see them useless in your eyes.

No comments: