Sunday, December 2, 2012

TEACHERS AS BEACONS OF LEARNING


Ms Ho presented the award
Another shot with the DGE

The table of certificates and awards

A former colleague was also an awardee

We worked closely to come up with a
lesson package for Science Centre


Stars for the teachers 
With an Academy of Singapore
teacher official


Each oft he awardee's names and school
is printed on the poster


Keep the fire of teaching burning
Nazri also won an award for his research

My former vice principal was also an awardee

Mingling with the teachers during tea-time


Geog master teachers of AST


The certificate will form part of my portfolio

Our Mission:  Lead, Care, Inspire

The recognition has fired my passion


















STARS AWARD
I was conferred the Associate Award at a recent Ministry Of Education award ceremony. The Guest of Honour was Ms Ho Peng, the Director-General of Education. The Academy Awards for Professional Development gives recognition to the important role that education officers play in the professional development of teachers in the fraternity.

Ms Ho addressed the awardees and shared that teachers are like beacons of learning. We not only transfer learning to our charges but also frame the child's responses and experiences into a holistic learning.

We were reminded to live up to our mission of 'Lead, Care and Inspire.' As teachers, we also ignite others in the teaching fraternity through guidance and role-modelling.  I am honoured and proud to be part of this community for my contribution to the professional development of teachers.

My involvement in sharing at cluster and national level as well as actively promoting and organising symposiums and seminars for teachers have been recognised.  I am into my thirty five years of teaching and am still passionate about what I am doing.  I still see myself contributing much more in the future to create an impact in teaching and learning.  To ignite the passion in the young teachers under my care and to those whom I have in contact with is another continuous role I see.
Thank you Allah for giving me the strength and the passion to seek, strive and soar.

No comments: