Saturday, June 13, 2009

MUM IS THE WORD

Wishing you good health and a strong belief in Allah, Mum

Mum and her six children

Maz (the one with orange scarf) resides in Sydney

The Four Angels of Mum. We guard her with our live

Don't be deceived by the sweet look. Al of us take after our mother; strong and resilient

The sons-in laws and daughter-in-laws

A real big family - minus the grandchildren

The granschildren of Mdm Sabiah. More princes than princess.

Happy Mothers Day Mum Sabiah

A beautfully decorated cake for you mum!

A beautiful floral arrangement from Sirah

Mum enjoying her mee siam

Mum with her grandsons

Mum with daughers and daughter-in-law

With Jabar family
Sisterly love between the youngest and the eldest

Ina and Hashim enjoying the prawn

Uncle Isa with Masayu Athirah

The sweets and dessert to add calories to your waist

The special spicy chili padi grilled prawns for the gathering

FROM ALL OF US TO YOU MUM SABIAH

I must explain why all these late blogging entries. I have been on hiatus because of the heavy demand of my work and now that it's the holidays, am forcing myself to update on the postings. There are so many photos taken and so I shouldn't be downloading and 'museuming' them in folders in the hard disk of my laptop.

For Mother's Day celebration, got my sisters and brothers to assemble at my place for a gathering. Mum was delighted that her children were around her. I prepared some grilled prawns, cup cakes and the traditional mee siam. The rest brought some sweet and dessert.

We never underestimate the endearing power of our mum's love. Examples of self sacrifice, dedication, tenderness and loving care and kindness all were taught, shown or found around us. How could we not love our mum and be indebted to her forever?


My Miracle Mother
Mom, I look at you and
see a walking miracle
Your unfailing love without limit,
your ability to soothe my every hurt,
the way you are on duty,

unselfishly,every hour,
every day,

makes me so grateful that I am yours,
and you are mine
With open arms and open heart,
with enduring patience and inner strength,
you gave so much for me,
sometimes at your expense.
You are my teacher,

my comforter,
my encourager,
appreciating all, forgiving all.
Sometimes I took you for granted,
Mom,but I don’t now,
and I never will again.
I know that everything I am today relates to you
and your loving care.
I gaze in wonder
as I watch you being you
— my miracle, my mother.

By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: