Monday, June 29, 2009

POTRAIT OF VIETNAM

FACES OF HO CHI MINH

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: FACES OF HCM

People colour the scene. People run a country. People pulsate the world. Life is a journey where adventures beckon at every turn. And when that happens, one wants to immortalilse these moments. When I was in Vietnam recently, I thus focussed my lens on the common faces I met throughout the journey.

The children of Mui Nee caught my attention. They were as free as skylark playing along the beach, thier innocence untouched by the development and modernaisation that are taking place in HCM, but who pounced on you the minute they spotted the not very often busloads of tourists descending the steps to the beach. They leeched you all the way till you part with their wares and your Dong. Yet, they are so lovable and endearing. Only their eyes mirror the pain and the sufferings their ancestors had gone through...

No comments: